It’s been a few months since the site was last updated – though the facebook page has been very busy with activity!
For those interested in catching up on the main stories of 2016 so far, read on…
- Isle of Man Chief Minister is concerned European nations might be targeting jurisdictions’ low tax rates…
- Several thousand links to the Isle of Man were uncovered in the Panama Papers leak
- Mossack Fonseca subsequently closed its Isle of Man offices:
- UK Treasury proposals to crack down on firms (accountants, lawyers, corporate service providers etc) enabling aggressive offshore avoidance schemes:
- Phillip Dearden, formerly a high-profile practitioner in the Manx offshore industry, gave a talk to the Taxwatch audience on Friday 30th September.
He kindly provided these handouts for us all to browse – so if you didn’t make it to the meeting, do check these out.
That’s all for now.
The Taxwatch team